Tuesday, July 31, 2012

minneapolis finds.

I thought I would post about some of my hometown treasures today- thrift and vintage stores. Some of my all-time favorite items have come from these stores and although it takes time and patience, can be totally worth the wait. (i.e. my marc by marc jacobs bag, a BCBG maxi, some super cool vintage silk scarves and my very favorite new flats)

Here are some of the stores in town that I would highly recommend:



 Rewind Vintage2829 Johnson Street NE Mpls • 4806 Chicago Ave S Mpls.

This store is definitely a place to frequently visit (sometimes you come away with nothing, other times you hit the jackpot) but I have found some seriously killer accessories here, including a brightly multi-colored woven belt, a couple vintage silk scarves and some awesome cowboy boots that I wear almost everyday in the fall. All for less than $75. Total. 












Opitz Outlet Center - 4320 Excelsior Blvd St. Louis Park

Wanting some serious designers in you closet? Then this is the place for you. up to 90% off some of their items, and let's just say gettting a Marc Jacobs bag for $150 is not out of the question. The other day, a friend of mine scored some super cute Cole Haan woven pumps for $30. That's Payless prices, people. 

Downside: You may have to bump thorough a crowd to get to that Alice and Olivia dress you saw on Selena Gomez. 

Logo






T.J. Maxx - specifically, the one in Knollwood Mall- 8322 Highway 7 St. Louis Park

This well-known discount store has multiple locations, but the one at Knollwood Mall blows the rest out of the water. Looking for Gucci? Marc by Marc Jacobs? Rebecca Taylor? T by Alexander Wang? You can find it all, just don't expect as much of a price cut as Opitz. 

(Update! My Reed Krakoff Gym II bag was actually found at theoutnet.com- an awesome website for designer goods at a fraction of the price!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Where did you find the Gym Bag II?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come to think of it, I believe I actually found that on theoutnet.com... My bad! Great site if you want to check it out frequently to find awesome deals!

    ReplyDelete